Monday, October 22, 2012

On your mark...get set...go!

Today I'm starting a little project I like to call "Rebuilding my body!".

I'm starting to feel like my body really hates me. And why shouldn't it?  after all that I've put it through the last couple years....I've had it cut open, stitched up, cut open again, stitched up again. I've bruised it, and medicated it to no end....and I haven't exactly been supplying it the correct supplemental and nutritional support. (is supplemental a word? ....well I'm making it one!)

The truth is that even though I feel great emotionally....now that all these surgeries and medical experiments are behind me, I still feel weak phisically. My recovery from this latest surgery has been amazing....very fast. However, these last two years have taken it's toll on my overall strength and endurance.

Being fit has always been very important to me, and it's important to my body too....without sounding like a personal trainer/motivational speaker...not taking care of your body is something that will come back and bite you in the ass at a later time...True Dat!

I'm only 3 weeks post-op, so I can't begin a heavy duty work out regiment yet.....but I can at least get my body used to moving around again.

My first stop after work today is the gym......and I'm going to start off just by walking on the treadmill for maybe  a mile or two.  I guess I'll have to read my body and stop when/if it feels like too much.

I was with friends over the weekend, who ran a marathon this past Sunday....and I'd be lieing if I said it didn't make me a little sad that running a marathon would be sooooo "not possible" for me right now.  Not that I've actually ever wanted to run a marathon....as a matter of fact, I really dislike running all together....but that's not the point.

It might be a slow process.....but I'm determined to getting my body back up to snuff!  Stay tuned......

No comments:

Post a Comment